Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: "Display String" formula and Excel export Post Reply Post New Topic
Amit

Online Status: Offline
Quote Amit Replybullet Topic: "Display String" formula and Excel export
    Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 6:55pm
I'm using Crystal Reports 10.  I've got a crosstab, and in the summary row I'm overwriting the "CurrentFieldValue" on the summary fields by putting a formula on the "Display String" property.  The formula uses shared variables populated by a subreport, and it runs WhilePrintingRecords.  When I view this report using Crystal, the formula fields display correctly.  When I export to Excel however, the original value (CurrentFieldValue) is displayed, as if the formula never ran.  Any ideas as to what is causing this? 
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 9:28pm
I'm guessing that this is a bug. I checked the support site and there used to be a bug where this would lock up your computer during the export. It has been fixed in a service pack. However, I find no mention of your bug specifically. Still I would get the latest service packs available.

I tested this in CR XI and it works fine (I didn't test the whole subreport thing, but an example in my book uses formulas with the Display String property and I exported that with no problems).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Amit

Quote Amit Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 1:40am
We've installed the latest service packs for Crystal 10, and we're still getting the original data instead of the DisplayString formula on export.  Is the only solution to upgrade to Crystal 11?
IP IP Logged
amiro

Quote amiro Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2007 at 3:15am
hi
can you please help me by showing me the code.. or at least telling me what to do

I need to show in a cross-tab table a list of rooms of hotel (rows) columns would be days... I need to show whether that room is occupied or not

cross tab shows

0 for vacant
1 for reserved
2 for occupied

I need to show V instead of 0 and so on, since it is more legible...

can you help me with the formula?

thanks a lot
Amiro
IP IP Logged
aleksandra_g

Quote aleksandra_g Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 3:38am
Hi,

I am also having this problem when exporting a cross-tab with Display String formula of the total field. This Display String formula uses global variables to calcuate the new value I want to display BUT when exporting to excel(data only) it shows the original value. I am using CR XI SP3. Do you have any ideas is this normal behaviour? And if not - what should be done so I get always the value I want.

Cheers,
Alex
IP IP Logged
CrystalUser2011

Quote CrystalUser2011 Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 3:00am
Hi,

I am using Crystal Reports 2008. I also have the issue, where I put in a time conversion into the display string for a cross tab and when exporting it strips the conversion. Has any one found a solution?
I have scoured the internet and turned up no results so far.
Crystal User2011
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version