Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Help with External Commands toolbar in CR 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Chanaka

Online Status: Offline
Quote Chanaka Replybullet Topic: Help with External Commands toolbar in CR 2008
    Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 9:40pm
Hi,

I had a look at this “Add-ins” feature in Crystal 2008 and it sounds that it could be useful to me only if it can be enabled when I start the Crystal Report Designer. At the moment when I start the Crystal Report Designer I get the “Start Page” tab and only the “File, View and Help” menus are there in the menu bar. The “Add-ins” menu will only get enabled/shown when I open a report. How can I enable/show the “Add-ins” menu at the start up of Crystal Report Designer before opening a report? What I want to do is to execute my custom command before opening the report. Is this possible if so how and what is the method I should use?

I had a look at the Crystal 2008 Developers Guide and Crystal 2008 API Reference but I didn’t find any documentation regarding External Commands toolbar, ICommand class or ICommandDLL class. The files I looked at are crsdk_net_dg_12_en.chm and crsdk_net_apiRef_12_en.chm. Am I looking at the wrong files or hasn’t these files been updated? Where can I find documentation and API details for External Commands?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Chanaka
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version