Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Which book should I get Post Reply Post New Topic
rasinc

Online Status: Offline
Quote rasinc Replybullet Topic: Which book should I get
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 6:57pm
Hi Brian,

I am learning to use VB2008 and want to use Crystal for my reporting.  I was using the Crystal OCX with VB6 and want to update my programs to the newer programming language.  It looks like I will probably upgrade from CR8.5 and XI to the full 2008 version to update my programs.

I've been working with some code and cannot get things working with the code I can find on websites.  It looks like your Volume 2 book might have some of the information I will need to get things running properly but want to confirm before I get it as I have already looked at a couple but they don't have all the information I will need.

I will need to run both embedded and non-embedded reports.  Both types will have various parameters and subreports.  However, it appears that the non-embedded reports will cause me the most problem.  I will not always know the design of these reports because they could be created by my end users and added to the program.  Will your book show me how to review a report, change the database as necessary and if the report contains a subreport in a different database, figure out what the original database is?

Also I've seen reference to Volume 3 of your book, but can't find any information on it except that it was published in Aug/09.  Do you have any information on it available?

TIA rasinc.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version