Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports and Active Directory Post Reply Post New Topic
aquariansp

Online Status: Offline
Quote aquariansp Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports and Active Directory
    Posted: 02 Jun 2007 at 10:36pm
Hi all,
Has anybody generated Crystal Reports against Active Directory? If so could you please let me know how we do that?

Another doubt is, is the above possible at all? ie., generating Crystal Reports against Active Directory?

Your quick response would be highly appreciated.

~aquariansp
aquariansp
IP IP Logged
Geoff

Quote Geoff Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 2:36am
Create an OLE DB, ADO connection, then add command Active Directory Service Interfaces:
select ADsPath, cn, ou, distinguishedName, name, mail, company, description, department, logoncount from 'LDAP://ou=myOU,dc=myDomain,dc=co,dc=uk'

Hope this helps.

Geoff.

Edited by Geoff - 14 Nov 2007 at 2:44am
IP IP Logged
patb

Quote patb Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 10:20pm

I am using Crystal Reports XI to query Active Directory. Basically, I am able to create two separate reports, but I want to combine the info somehow into one report. So, I want to show the user account name, the users last and first name, and also the corresponding AD computer account as well as the operating system and operating system version.

I have and OLE DB (ADO) source setup and I have two ADSI commands that look like this.

Command1:
select Name, operatingSystem, operatingSystemVersion from 'LDAP://DC=domainname,DC=local' Where objectClass='computer'

Command2:
select samaccountname, sn, givenname, mail from 'LDAP://DC=domainname,DC=local' Where objectClass='user'

The problem is that I do not know how to link the two tables in order to find corresponding user and computer info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Newman

Quote Newman Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2008 at 9:25am
Set up two commands, command_1 and command_2 using a ole directory services connection.  The two commands will appear as tables in the report.  You must have AD rights when setting up the connection.
Command_1 is this
select employeeID,distinguishedName from 'YOur domain conn here' Where objectClass='user' and objectcategory = 'person' and samAccountName='Joe.jones'
Command_2 is
select cn, telephoneNumber, manager,mobile,extensionAttribute3,extensionAttribute4 from 'YOur domain conn here' Where objectClass='user' and objectcategory = 'person'
then in database expert, link the distinguishedname from command_1 to the manager(prop value is a distinguishedname) in command_2. 

This will return all people who report to joe.jones  We use this for a Continuity of operations phone list which we maintain in AD
this query works find for me--However, I have a problem.  I want to substitute "CurrentCEUserName" for "Joe.Jones" so that only a manager will see the people who work for him.
Newman
IP IP Logged
danielsonchris

Quote danielsonchris Replybullet Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 10:49am
Though this is a delayed response I wanted to announce that MaxPowerSoft, LLC has released a product that tightly integrates Crystal Reports for you with Active Directory.  The product is titled Active Directory Reports and can be found at http://maxpowersoft.com/products.php?i=1

We even take into account domain policies which are not handled by binding an LDAP adapter with Crystal Reports.   We bring to the table the programmatic logic or smarts needed to get your information accurately and in a timely manner.  Our Crystal Reports integration allows you the freedom for 100% customizable reporting per your requirements.

Thanks,
Chris

Edited by danielsonchris - 22 Jul 2008 at 10:51am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version