Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Database Connector Error Post Reply Post New Topic
phimtau123

Online Status: Offline
Quote phimtau123 Replybullet Topic: Database Connector Error
    Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 9:38am

Hello all,

I'm running into a strange error when trying to update the data source of my report from a DEV environment to a QA environment. The two database have the same structure just different data. The error msg I'm getting is:

"Database Connector Error: '08004:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The server principal "itam_qa" is not able to access the database "ITAM_DEV" under the current security context. [Database Vendor Code: 916]"

I tried to create a very simple report with just one field from DEV then update the data source to QA and still getting the error so I know it not my report. When I tried to create the report from QA then update the data source to DEV i get the same error:

"Database Connector Error: '08004:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The server principal "itam_dev" is not able to access the database "ITAM_QA" under the current security context. [Database Vendor Code: 916]"

Have anyone encounter this problem before? and how can i proceed to fix this?

Thank,

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version