Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Setting DataSource repeatedly Post Reply Post New Topic
suhasrs

Online Status: Offline
Quote suhasrs Replybullet Topic: Setting DataSource repeatedly
    Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 11:32pm
I have a Crystal report whose DataSource is an XML schema and the population of Data into dataset happens through C# Windows application.
This Crytal report was created using VS 2005.

There is lot of data and lot of multiple sorting options(Ex:SortByName, SortByCompany,etc.).

Apart from sorting there are multiple fitering options (Ex: Show Only Names, Show Only Priced Items,etc.)

On repeatedly selecting multiple filters and/or sorting, an UNhandled Exception shows up :
"The request could not be submitted for background processing"  .

On analysing the code, I found that the DataSource was being set with the Dataset everytime a particular filter was selected i.e.

lobjCrytalRpt.SetDataSource(lDataSet); //commented this line

I commented this code and ensured this is called only once when loading the report the first time.

This resolved the Exception,but the sorting is not happening as expected. Sorting works fine if I update the dataset, but this will cause the Exeption(mentioned earlier) to arise.
Note that the other filtering works fine.

This sorting logic happens through Group sort in Crytal report rpt design.

Please suggest a way to prevent the error "The request could not be submitted for background processing" from occurring and at the same time sorting to proceed as expected. It is not possible to change the design of the report due to lack of available time.

Any suggestions/explanations would be highly appreciated.

I was not sure if this section is approproate for this issue, so pardon me if this is the wrong section.

Edited by suhasrs - 28 Jul 2009 at 11:33pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version