janmichaelc

Online Status: Offline
Quote janmichaelc Replybullet Topic: orphaned group header
    Posted: 28 May 2009 at 8:48pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2009 at 6:18am

right click the group, select Change Group/Options tab put a check in Repeat Group Header On Each Page.  This won't move the group header to a new page, it will just repeat it. 

It can get tricky, and I have never had good luck with it, so I don't use this unless I absolutely have to, would be count the rows printed on a page and if your row count exceeds a certain number to have the group header perform a new page before (option in the section expert).  Maybe instead of row counting you add size of each section...will have to remember this next time something like this comes up.

Keep group together is a cleaner answer in my opinion, but what the customer wants trumps my wishes for a nice report.

HTH
IP IP Logged
janmichaelc

Quote janmichaelc Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2009 at 7:22pm
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><>

Thanks for your reply.

How do we control/formulate number of printed group records in 1st page?  Because what I’m trying to achieve is not to print/suppress Group Header if number of printed group records are 0 / empty in the 1st page.

IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 6:07am
use a formula and everytime you print something, increment a counter, when the counter is greater than a certain number and you are going to start a new group, put a new page....so this goes in the formula section of the section expert for the group header you want a new page for.  Specifically, the New Page Before formula (the x-1 button).

shared variables are covered in numerous examples, both online and in the help.  As to what value to set the limit of the number, that is going to be trial and error since the size of every section and the number of times they are displayed varies with the report and the writer.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version