Message Icon Topic: Handling Null data for Subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
ashisahb
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote ashisahb Replybullet Topic: Handling Null data for Subreport
    Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 5:47am
Hi Guys ,

I have an application where in we can create subreports with crystal report and .net .

Sometimes we have no data (from the query)for one of the subreports and the entire report fails.

is there and way to handle the null data for these subreports or passing null data to the particular subreport.

Edited by ashisahb - 08 Apr 2009 at 5:49am
Regards,
Ashish
IP IP Logged
ashisahb
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ashisahb Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2009 at 11:02pm
Anybody for help............Unhappy
Regards,
Ashish
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 11:45am
I've never seen this happen with my own reports.  What version of Crystal are you using?  What error are you getting?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
ashisahb
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ashisahb Replybullet Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 12:13am
Our Production server has Crystal Report 10.0 and .net is recently migrated to 3.5.I have investigated , the reason for errors is null data set only.
I get the following errors

Error in exporting file J:\GEF\GSL\ReportFramework\Outbox\ICS_CANCEL_REBOOK_20090328_0727_27510.xls and error is CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed.
Details: Could not open the field definition file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Trade_CancelRebook3.ttx'.
Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{B2924C53-4F8D-4715-9A20-11F02D288739}.rpt:
Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004100F): Logon failed.
Details: Could not open the field definition file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Trade_CancelRebook3.ttx'.
Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{B2924C53-4F8D-4715-9A20-11F02D288739}.rpt:
Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export()
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export()
Regards,
Ashish
IP IP Logged
ashisahb
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ashisahb Replybullet Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 12:16am
Also , the following link suggests Crystal Report 10.0 doesnt support .net 3.5 .

Can you please suggest me over this. This is in context with another error i am facing :

Error in formatting report C:\Program Files\GEF\GSL\Bin\Templates\Reports\HKNJAReports\DPS.rpt for template CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException:
Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{7694E746-39E3-4EA7-AAF6-F1803EC9214E}.rpt:
The request could not be submitted for background processing. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800002AD):
Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{7694E746-39E3-4EA7-AAF6-F1803EC9214E}.rpt:
The request could not be submitted for background processing.

I appreciate you help over this.

Regards,
Ashish
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 6:40am
Is this a web application or WinForms?

If it's a web app, this may be at least partly a permissions issue.  The local user "ASPNET" has to have permission to access all of the folders that are needed for the reports.  The IIS process user - IUSR_<computer name>- may also have to have that access.  I suspect that these users don't have access to the Windows folder, so they can't get to files in C:\Windows\Temp.  You may want to move your temp folder to C:\Temp and set up access there.

Since Crystal 10 comes with Visual Studio 2008, I don't know why it wouldn't work with .NET 3.5.  However, I'm not sure because I don't use that version of Crystal.  With Visual Studio 2005 I use Crystal XI and with VS 2008 I use Crystal 2008 (only because XI won't integrate with VS 2008.)

-Dell
IP IP Logged
ashisahb
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ashisahb Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 6:29am
Thanks for reply buddy...

This is actually a Console application. The formatting error i pasted "The request could not be submitted for background processing. ---> "
Doesnt comes for all the reports . Some reports goes through fine and some fails.On re run these reports run fine.
One Point to beleive that CR 10.0 doesnt works fine with VS3.5 is that , our issue started coming after we migrated to .Net 3.5 from .Net 1.1. Also you can check the link i pasted in the post above.

Also , Can you also advice me for Null Handling in Subreports.

Thanks....
Regards,
Ashish
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 8:18am

For Crystal 10, you may need to see about upgrading the merge modules on the production server.  If it was installed from the merge modules that came with VS 2003, then it doesn't have the correct assemblies to run with 3.5.  This should be available with VS 2008.

For the subreports, are you using global variables to pass data back to the main report?  If not, I'm not sure what may be causing this as I've never seen this happen before - and I use subreports frequently.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version