Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Error when exporting and printing Post Reply Post New Topic
Capt_Ron

Online Status: Offline
Quote Capt_Ron Replybullet Topic: Error when exporting and printing
    Posted: 13 Dec 2006 at 5:41pm

I have a report that shows up fine.  When I export it to anything I get the following message:

Failed to export using the options you specified. Please check your options and try again.

My acrobat reader was recently upgraded.  I'm wondering if that could be it.  Because it did work at one time.

I have printing set to PDF.  If I set it to ActiveX it prints.  But I still can't export to anything.

Thanks
Ron

Edited by Capt_Ron - 13 Dec 2006 at 5:41pm
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2006 at 10:18pm
Yep, I has similar problems after upgrading my Acrobat reader. I uninstalled and reinstalled the old Acrobat and it worked fine. Maybe download the latest CR service pack? On another note, it might not even be the new installation as much as maybe having old Acrobat files still left on your computer that didn't get uninstalled. Thus, there might be some DLL confusion. But anyway, you can play around with it and let us know if you came up with something else that works. But for me the problems went away after going back to the older version.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version