Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic parameter not returning all values Post Reply Post New Topic
sstein

Online Status: Offline
Quote sstein Replybullet Topic: Dynamic parameter not returning all values
    Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 10:59am

Hi everyone,

I am using CR XI with VS2005.  I have a report that gets data from a stored procedure.  I added a dynamic parameter to allow users to pick from a list the data they want to see.  The data soruce of this parameter is a report field returned by the stored procedure. 

The problem is I'm only getting a partial list of data.  For example, the stored procedure returns 100 product IDs, and I use this report field as data source for the dynamic parameter, it will only show30 or so in the list.

I tried this on some other reports and sometimes it will return only either a partial list or the first value. 

Have anyone encounter this same problem?

Any advice appreciated.

thank you, 

ss

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 11:22am
I think there is a setting in report options to limit how many items are returned. Poke around and see if you find something like this. Also, did you download CR XI R2? You gotta have that update if using VS.NET 2005.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
sstein

Quote sstein Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 11:43am
I purchashed the most recent CR XI which is CR XI R2.  (Watched your interview on their website which cleared things up regarding VS 2005.  Even their product sales was so confused about this one)

I tried adding a key to the registry, but no luck yet:

They say the default limit is 1000, but I only have 100 values excepted in the list and it's only showing 30.   The stored procedure returns about 40,000 records, however there is only about 100 distinct values for the field i'm using for the parameter.  Can that be the problem?

ss
IP IP Logged
sstein

Quote sstein Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 12:01pm
that was it.  the limit is on the number of total records for that field, not the distinct value that the control displays.  I increased the limit from 1000 to 100,000 and it works fine now.  Thank you.

btw, you book rocks, i bought the printed copy, thank you for writing.

ss
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version