Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Disable tooltips Post Reply Post New Topic
abeneventi

Online Status: Offline
Quote abeneventi Replybullet Topic: Disable tooltips
    Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 6:08am
I want to write a C# application that opens a batch of Reports and modifies them by removing or disabling their tooltips and then saves them. The reason why I want to do this is that tooltips are causing some display problems in a RDP connection.

I cannot modify the application that displays the reports in a viewer since I have not written it.

I've found the following tip of code in VB and I need to replicate it in C#

Dim i As Integer
Dim ii As Integer
Dim iii As Integer
Dim iiii As Integer

For i = 1 To Report.Sections.Count
For ii = 1 To Report.Sections(i).ReportObjects.Count
Report.Sections(i).ReportObjects(ii).ConditionFormula(crToolTipTextConditionFormulaType) = "chr(9)"
If Report.Sections(i).ReportObjects(ii).Kind = crSubreportObject Then
Set subreport = Report.OpenSubreport(Report.Sections(i).ReportObjects(ii).SubreportName)
For iii = 1 To subreport.Sections.Count
For iiii = 1 To subreport.Sections(iii).ReportObjects.Count
subreport.Sections(iii).ReportObjects(iiii).ConditionFormula(crToolTipTextConditionFormulaType) = "chr(9)"
Next iiii
Next iii
End If
Next ii
Next i
Can anyone suggest me how to accomplish this task?

Best regards.

Alessandro
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 10:40am
CR.NET 2005 now has a property to disable tooltips, but if you don't have access to the original report files, then this is the best way to go about it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
abeneventi

Quote abeneventi Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 10:56am
I do have access to the original report files and I am able to edit them. I do not have access to the source files of the application that displays them.Thus I need a way to disable the tooltips in the report instead of the application.

I have not understood your answer very well.

Best regards

Alessandro
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 12:07pm

If you don't have access to the application that displays the reports, then how are you running all that .NET code in your first post? This is code that has to be run within the application. Confused....

The Crystal Viewer has a property called 'disable tooltips'. You can check it to turn them off. But again, you would need access to the application displaying the report.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version