Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Newbie need help grouping report by months Post Reply Post New Topic
lew26

Online Status: Offline
Quote lew26 Replybullet Topic: Newbie need help grouping report by months
    Posted: 07 Apr 2007 at 3:02pm
Hello,

I am trying to learn how to create reports. The report i am trying to make i would like it to display the customers name, tips, total amount spent. I would to group this information by the months let say customer made purchase in january, it will display all customer's that made a purchase with each month, with the information above. Any suggestion?
DigitalSolvers
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2007 at 11:24am
Since you are a newbie you should read my free chapters online. You will learn a lot from this material. For your question, you need to use the report expert and select the fields you mentioned here. But don't select any groups yet. Then after it creates the initial report, create a formula that uses code like Month(table.field) and then add a group based on that formula. This will tell it to group by the month of the year.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 11:30am
If your groups will be spanning years, you'll need to add year to the formula.  In order to get the sort order right, year needs to be first and you'll convert the whole thing to a string.  It looks something like this:

To_Text({table.field}, 'yyyyMM')

Please note that the format string for dates is CASE SENSISTIVE - the 'M' must be a capital M to get the month, lower case gives you minutes.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version