Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Crystal Xcelsius
Message Icon Topic: Dashboards Creation Post Reply Post New Topic
mikebird
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote mikebird Replybullet Topic: Dashboards Creation
    Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 4:30am
We have Crystal 2008 here but I'm new to it since XI. Can I create dashboards with it, or do I need to purchase Xcelcius to do that? Been looking all over the web and BO and can't seem to find this out - can you tell me??

Thanks
Life = luck (+/-) and effort (+/-). If you have no luck & make no effort, then you are dead
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 8:23am
It depends on what you want the dashboard to do. The cool thing about Xcelsius is that it's dashboards keep the underlying formulas behind the scenes and let you dynamically change the way the dashboard looks by moving guages and sliders around. Pretty cool stuff! Crystal Reports 2008 will let you create a report that looks like the same dashboard in Xcelsius, but Crystal doesn't have this live data integration. So if you need to let the user change the data using sliders and paramaters, then you needs Xcelsius. But if the data can be static, then Crystal can produce the dashboard. Check out the sample report that is part of the Crystal Reports samples for how to do this. They have a pretty good example that you can use for ideas.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar

Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 6:11am
Brian,

I would like to know is it possible for Crystal Xcelsius to connect to Sql Server or Oracle Database if yes can you let me know how can we do that?

I have downloaded the trial version for Crystal Xcelsius2008 and just using data from pre build spreadsheets....

Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
rohaizad77

Quote rohaizad77 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 9:09am
Hi Brian,

how then do i create dashboards if I just have Crystal Reports 8 and Business Objects XI? How do I publish to dashboard? Are there any good articles that I can read?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Regards,
Zad
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version