Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: chart formatting questions Post Reply Post New Topic
espltd

Online Status: Offline
Quote espltd Replybullet Topic: chart formatting questions
    Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 1:15pm
Hi, not sure if there is anyway to do this but I am trying to change some of the format attributes on a chart and can not seem to be able to.
1.  I would like to limit the width of the bars displayed on a bar chart that is independant of the number of bars displayed.  Currently if there is only one bar it is displayed as very wide.
2.  On the y axis of a bar chart it is displaying the count of data items.  I would like the intervals to only display integer values.  Currently the intervals are broken up into floating numbers based on obtaining maximum resolution.
3.  In the code (C#) I was able to get the chart as a chartobject but unfortunately chartobject only has a few chart parameters that you can set.  I tried to cast it to a graphobject as it looks like the graphobject has many more parameters that can be set.  I received the error below so thinking there is too much of a difference between a chartobject and graphobject to be able to cast.

Unable to cast object of type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ChartObject' to type 'CRAXDDRT.GraphObject'.

I am using crystal reports 10 that comes with vs.net 2005 and also have a stand alone developer edition of crystal reports 9.
Thanks.

Paul, software engineer
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version