Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Enterprise question Post Reply Post New Topic
mrc161

Online Status: Offline
Quote mrc161 Replybullet Topic: Enterprise question
    Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 5:33am
Hello.  I have an issue where when I save a report out in Crystal Enterprise, the report WILL run - however, when someone goes out to view it, it is VERY slowly to come up - and then as you click to drill down into the groups in the report, it can take sometimes up to 5 minutes for it to move to the next drill down.

It is a large report with a lot of summarized data - I'm guessing each drill down is taking a while to come up with the data because it is going in and refiguring the formulas, but this is just a guess - does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to speed this up?  Or has anyone ever had this kind of problem before?

Thanks!  Mike
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 2:32pm
I haven't worked with CE, but I do extensive work with BOE, so I have some thoughts:

Check the server where CE is running for available disk space.  You may be running out of space due to the temp files that Crystal was not good about cleaning up.  To do this, go to the Local Settings\Temp folder for the user ID that runs the CE services and clear out any files that are there.  When Crystal processes reports, it does a lot of swapping to disk.  If your disk is getting full or the available space is fragmented, this will slow down report processing.

Beyond that, you're correct that the summaries are being recalculated on drill-down, so there's probably nothing much that you can do about that.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version