Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formatting with Multiple Columns Post Reply Post New Topic
SolidataBaz

Online Status: Offline
Quote SolidataBaz Replybullet Topic: Formatting with Multiple Columns
    Posted: 07 Dec 2006 at 4:47am
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to programattically alter the information seen in the Layout tab of the Section editor for the Details section.

How to do this inside the IDE can be seen here... http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Crystal_Reports_XI.asp?Page=8_2

I need to alter this at runtime... doesn't seem like I can do this at present though... Cry

Many thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2006 at 11:32am
In .NET 2003 these properties aren't available via the ReportDocument object model. I haven't researched the CR.NET 2005 classes to see if you can in the lastest version, but I doubt if it lets you get that granular.

If you check out the Crystal Reports Developer edition, that offers more granularity. They have a 30 day trial version you can download and experiment with it to see what it offers.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2006 at 11:34am
Hmm, I have an idea that I haven't tried before. But if you have a limited number of changes to make to the column formatting, then create different sections and each has its own formatting. Then you can turn off the sections you don't want via your program using the object model. However, if you have a lot of variations then this wouldn't be practical.

HTH,

Brian
IP IP Logged
SolidataBaz

Quote SolidataBaz Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2006 at 1:16am
Thanks for the reply Brian!

However, I don't think it would be practical, as I am writing a mailing label wizard, where the user can selected from a list of already defined labels (Avery type etc) or they can specify their own.  So not practical - good idea though!

Baz
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version