Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Prompting user inputs Post Reply Post New Topic
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Topic: Prompting user inputs
    Posted: 23 Mar 2007 at 2:52pm
Hello!

I purchased your book and while it is very useful, I still have some questions, which is the reason why I registered for your forum. I am using VS2005 Team Edition and part of my confusion comes out of not using VS.NET 2003.
I have requirements for several reports from a client and am looking for a good design strategy.

So for instance, an inventory listing report:

Inventory as of: <date> - input at runtime
Site of inventory: <site> - this should be a combo box listing sites in a table to choose from  or optionally choose all sites
Site address, city, state, zip....
Inventory details....

My question is: is there a way to present the user with a choice to either select all sites or select just one site from a list of sites? Is this something that can be done through the designer?

If I want to print site address and city and so forth right below the site name, in small font, separated by commas, it seems that I can't use IFields. I need a control that is more flexible and can grow or shrink depending on the length of the data. Is there a way to make IFields do that? What other control might I use to get the job done?

I apologize for bugging you, but I really need some pointers. I am new with this, and while your book has helped me, I still do have questions and would really appreciate any tips you may give me.

Best regards in hope to hear from you soon.

gphreak
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2007 at 2:55pm
You can set up parameters to show the user a listbox of available sites. They can choose to use a single site or select multiple sites. This is called the List Of Values and at the bottom of the parameter design dialog box is where you set the properties for making it a multi-value list.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version