ricky969
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote ricky969 Replybullet Topic: Printer Driver Dependency
    Posted: 14 Aug 2008 at 8:52am
Brian,

thanks so much for your time.

I tried to create the report without assigning any printer (No Printer) but I ran into two problems;
1) I cannot choose 11x17. My options are A4, A5, B5, Legal, Letter
2) If I select a printer (in order to be able to choose 11x17) and then click on the "No Printer", the report will still print incorrectly.

At this point I really believe that there isn't a solution that will work on all printers.

Im wondering if changing the paper size/orientation at run-time thru VisualStudio.NET would work

crReportDocument.PrintOptions.Printername = \\server\myprinter
crReportDocument.PrintOptions.PaperOrientation = crystalDecision.[Shared].paperOrientation.Landscape
crReportDocument.PrintOptions.PaperSize = CrystalDecisions.[Shared].PaperSize.Paper11x17
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 4:49pm
CR is very quirky with different reports b/c it internally matches the report with the internal printer driver. This can cause formatting problems with printers that aren't of the same manufacturer. It's best to set it to 'No Printer' and that way CR won't do printer specific formatting.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ricky969
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ricky969 Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 11:37am
Some of the reports designed (in Crystal 9.0) and set to print on 11x17, when distributed and installed on a client machine do NOT print on 11x17 even though that paper size is available.

When I create a new report I change the settings on my default printer to reflect the paper size and orientation of the report. Then I create the DLL using VS 2003.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Rick

Edited by ricky969 - 06 Aug 2008 at 3:54pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version