Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Error load COM Post Reply Post New Topic
Blitz1024

Online Status: Offline
Quote Blitz1024 Replybullet Topic: Error load COM
    Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 1:08am
Hi,

I developed by web app using vs2005. The report were created using CR bundled to VS2005. When i deployed by app in our production server it works fine. But one day, the reports returns an error. when i tried to trace the cause of the error., it says that the COM used by CR was not loaded. So, I re-installed the app. It work fine again.

I encountered again the same problem.

Is there a way to resolve this kind of problem w/o reinstalling the application.

Why is it that suddenly,  VS2005 can't load the COM of CR? but if you check the file in the server, the file exists.

Thank you.
Blitz
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 11:15am
That's weird. Is it possible another app is conflicting with the DLLs installed? CR is not 100% managed code and there are COM DLLs installed. Maybe there are CR .NET 2003 apps instaled also?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Blitz1024

Quote Blitz1024 Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 5:16pm
I find it wierd also.

yes, it is possible since it is a production server most of the applications are installed there. The web applications were developed using different programming langage.
Blitz
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 5:53pm
If you want to get into the nitty-gritty, I wrote a utility that outputs all your CR files and their version number to an XML file. You can run this when your app works and when it doesn't work and compare the two files against each to see what is different. I have a link to it on my home page (Business Objects has it in their support site).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Blitz1024

Quote Blitz1024 Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 5:57pm
ok thanks. i'll try that.
Blitz
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version