Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: "customize group name" formula Post Reply Post New Topic
epaga

Online Status: Offline
Quote epaga Replybullet Topic: "customize group name" formula
    Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 12:02am
And another API question (I'm doing each of these questions separately - would you rather I put them all in a single thread?):

Is there any way to access the "customize group name" formula via API? For the life of me I can't seem to find any way.

thanks,
epaga
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 11:46pm
yes, putting each question in a separate post is best. Otherwise, some question might be skipped.

Unfortunately, you can't access the customize group name formula via the API. It isn't robust enough for that.

Now, having said that, if you have CR XI R2 or CR 2008, the .NET SDK is much more robust and gives you many more properties to work with. I haven't had time to get into the details yet to know what you can/can't do with it yet. You'll have to research that independently (and maybe update us with what you find?)
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
epaga

Quote epaga Replybullet Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 1:34am
yeah i've been researching that and it does not seem to offer this functionality. i just wanted to check in here to make sure this is the case - but i guess I need to give you some time to get into the details.

thanks so much for your quick responses, though!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version