Crystal Xcelsius
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Crystal Xcelsius
Message Icon Topic: Understanding the integration of Xcelsius and CR Post Reply Post New Topic
Tim Wise

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tim Wise Replybullet Topic: Understanding the integration of Xcelsius and CR
    Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 6:12am

I new to CR and Xcelsius and am trying to understand how or if the two can integrate. 

I can see that Xcelsius can export flash objects and that flash objects can be used in CR. But I don't understand how to configure them in CR.

I'm thinking that I can develop a flash object in Xcelsius and insert it into CR and use CR to get and format data for the flash object.

I can't find a scenario like this in the help. Is this possible? Is it a typical scenario? Can anybody point me to an example?

Thanks.
--
Tim
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 8:01pm
I'm not sure of your question. Can you rephrase it?

You want CR to format the data in the Xcelsius object??? They are independent of each other. Xcelsius is a stand along program with it's own designer. You basically export the Xcelsius flash object and then you can include it into CR (or PDF, Excel, etc.) Does this help at all?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Tim Wise

Quote Tim Wise Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2008 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by BrianBischof

You basically export the Xcelsius flash object and then you can include it into CR (or PDF, Excel, etc.)
Yes. That allows me to visualize the data set that the Xcelsius object was created with.  How do I point an Xcelsius object to a new data set?

In CR, I create a report and save it with no data. I consider this a report template. Now my customers use our tool which creates a data set. The report template is then pointed to that data set to visualize the data.

Can I do a similar thing with an Xcelsius object?
--
Tim
IP IP Logged
Tim Wise

Quote Tim Wise Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 9:54am
I posted the same question to SDN and am getting responses:

Edited by Tim Wise - 05 Jun 2008 at 9:54am
--
Tim
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic