Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: When to expect CR.NET 2005? Post Reply Post New Topic
Capt_Ron

Online Status: Offline
Quote Capt_Ron Replybullet Topic: When to expect CR.NET 2005?
    Posted: 01 Dec 2006 at 11:46am

Mr. Bischof,

I have your CR.NET book and couldn't live without it while I was developing in .NET 2003.

We're now using VS 2005 and I'm having trouble getting started with CR within 2005.  Everything seems to work differently.

When can we expect to see some stuff from your 2005 book?

Also do you know of any good tutorials for CR.NET 2005?

Thanks again for providing such a great resource!!

Ron.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2006 at 12:13pm
Hi Ron,

Glad you like the book! I wish the 2005 version was right around the corner, but I'm still working on the CR XI book. I actualy regret starting the XI book b/c my time is very limited and it would be better spent focusing on .NET 2005 issues. But hey, live and learn. Anyway, It's going to be later next year before I see the 2005 book hitting the shelves. I'm finishing Chapter 10 of the XI book and I have a few more to write before it goes to the printer. Man, this book is killing me and I just want it finished! Ouch

On a good note, I plan on posting the entire Crystal Reports.NET 2005 book online as I write it (just like the XI book) so that everyone can read it and give me constructive criticism. So you'll be able to read it months before it comes out in print (but please still buy a copy!)

Anyway, I REALLY like CR's new help files. I think they really improved them on this version. That would be the best option for you now.

Brian
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2006 at 12:14pm
Hey Ron - if you have specific questions on getting started with Crystal Reports .NET 2005, feel free to post them in the forum. This will give me some motivation to research the areas causing people problems.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version