Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: grouping in crosstab fouling up Post Reply Post New Topic
dashielj

Online Status: Offline
Quote dashielj Replybullet Topic: grouping in crosstab fouling up
    Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 4:49am
I have a formula field to set things in groups depending on certain field values - If a value is x then its = 'group 1' and if a value is y then 'group B' etc. 

When using this in a crosstab I have group names on top in columns and dates running down the side for rows.  Object is to count up how many instances of a certain group occured each day.  However when it runs, Crystal adds a blank column with random numbers in it, and the counts for the other groups are wrong.  This started happening after I introduced a new group, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to do right.  any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 3:29pm
Can you post more info about the data to illustrate what is happening? It appears that you had something working until the new group was added. So seeing that group and how it differs from the previous groups might be helpful. Off the top of my head, this is tough one to figure out without sitting at the computer and working with your data.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version