Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: DB2 Connectivity Post Reply Post New Topic
irisn

Online Status: Offline
Quote irisn Replybullet Topic: DB2 Connectivity
    Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 2:06pm

When adding tables to a report, is it possible to avoid getting two or more lists of the same tables in Database Expert?  If this happens, how does one get back to only one list? I have reached a point in some reports where two or more logons to the database are necessary in order to get the reports to run.  As a corollary to this, one of my reports is sending multiple invalid passwords to the mainframe where the DB2 tables reside and this causes my password to expire.  Our RACFID guru suspects that this may have something to do with the multiple logins.

IP IP Logged
Twalker

Quote Twalker Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 12:59pm

Could you describe how you are connected to the DB2 database?  I use the supplied IBM ODBC drivers from the Client Access tools to connect to our AS400 DB2.   I never encountered the table duplication effect connecting to a DB2 database.

I would recommend exploring the use creating store procedures/queries on the DB2 database for your reports.

IP IP Logged
fusion
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fusion Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 4:35pm
You can use "add command" option and use your SQL there to select the field that you are going to use for the report instead of drag and drop of tables.
If you have multiple instances of tables in the database Expert, you can remove one by selecting the unwanted table and clicking on '<'

Try
IP IP Logged
irisn

Quote irisn Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 6:35am
It is not a matter of duplicate tables, but duplicate instances of DB2P so that multiple logons are necessary to run the reports.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version