Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Numeric labels Post Reply Post New Topic
Carol1

Online Status: Offline
Quote Carol1 Replybullet Topic: Numeric labels
    Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:02pm
Hi.
I want to create a report that produces a series of numeric labels. The label sheet is formatted as 5 across and 16 down. I want the report to produce five of each defined number, ie one row of each number. I also want the user to determine the start and end numbers. For example, the user may wish to start at 56 and go to 71, which would look similar to this:
56     56     56     56     56
57     57     57     57     57
70     70     70     70     70
71     71     71     71     71
I created a simple numeric parameter to identify the number range (custom and range values are true, multiple and discrete values are false) and inserted it into the report, but it does not populate in Preview. Can someone please advise me how the parameter should be set?
I would also like to know how to instruct the report to print 5 of each number in the range.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Cheers,
Carol
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 11:28am
The parameters will not generate data. You need a data source that has the numbers or a you could use another data source that has enough unique rows of data to 'trick' it into the process. say you have a data source with 100 rows of products listed. Just pull all the rows as your data source, create a Running total set as a count of the product identifier and place it on the details section 5 times. it will 'create' your numbers. If you want to have a specific range conditionally hide the detail section using your parameters and the running total value.

Edited by DBlank - 14 Dec 2020 at 11:29am
IP IP Logged
Carol1

Quote Carol1 Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 11:59am
My sincere thanks, DBlank. Your advice makes perfect sense. I will search out a data source ... :)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version