Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR hyperlinks from one part of rpt to other parts Post Reply Post New Topic
gsaunders

Online Status: Offline
Quote gsaunders Replybullet Topic: CR hyperlinks from one part of rpt to other parts
    Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 7:39am
Is there a way to have Crystal Report hyperlink to other areas of the report? I know there is such a thing as bookmarks which can flow to PDF, but that is based on grouping tree.

I know there is a think called hyperlinks, but can't see how this will work. So let me give clear example.

- This will be reporting on Construction Jobs providing Summary level data about job as well as 5 other areas of data related to the job, but from different type of data.

- The user will provide parameters for querying and isolating the Jobs to be reported on. Typical parameter stuff.

- Initially there will be a total of 5 sections on this report with additional sections to come in later phases. By sections I mean different type of data based on the current job. (See below)

- The first section / page will contain the lists of Jobs to be reported on along with general identifying information. They want hyperlinks from the Job Number that when clicked will take them to the first page for that job below.

- The second section / page will contain high level summary data of the job.

- Third through fifth sections may be multiple pages.

- The third section will contain Cost Summary data at the Job, Phase, Cost Type level.

- The fourth section will contain Summary Change Order Data for the job.

- The fifth section will contain billing to date history and associated receipts.

- There will need to be links allowing the user to click on area that takes them to different area on report. I already mentioned the links from page 1 to the job, but at the summary page for each job there need to be links that take them down to the appropriate section below.

-     User will need the ability to save this as a PDF where links stay intact and assist in moving around the report.

Some of those sections will likely have to be sub reports as they contain completely different data for that Job.

I honestly don't think this is possible, but hoping some experts may know how to do this.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version