Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Save Crystal Report without datasource Post Reply Post New Topic
ristiisa

Online Status: Offline
Quote ristiisa Replybullet Topic: Save Crystal Report without datasource
    Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 4:22am
Hi,
When designing the report I use database server DBSERVER. But when deploying the application that uses this report the ReportDocument.Load() takes a lot of time because it first ties to find the DBSERVER. In network where DBSERVER exists the report loading is fast. I haven't found a way to set the LogOnInfo before loading. Could I save crystal report without datasource? Or could i set the LogOnInfo before i load the report?

Thanks in advance,
Silver Aabjõe
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 8:10am
Man, I never thought of that, but its a great question. I haven't seen it done before and I don't have any ideas on how to trick CR into doing it. The Load() is the only way to get the report into memory prior to working with its properties. Can you set the datasource to the final server while you are in design mode? That way you can save it with the new values prior to releasing it. Otherwise I don't know of a way around it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ristiisa

Quote ristiisa Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 1:12pm
The end user points the app to the server so i have no way of knowing what the server is going to be. Hence my question. One way of tricking crystal is by designing the reports on localhost. Load is allways fast because localhost is most likely always there. But this seems like a hack so I'm looking for a proper way of doing this.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 4:29pm
Nice hack though. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way around it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version