Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross-tab problem Post Reply Post New Topic
meripeich

Online Status: Offline
Quote meripeich Replybullet Topic: Cross-tab problem
    Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 4:02am
When I do a cross-tab I get the average values of my data. I also want to add that values to get a total row (add the average values to get a total, a sum), but the cross table only gives me the average of those averages. Is there any chance to get that total (adding but no averaging)?
I need it because I have data from several categories in several parcels. I need to report the average of these data by category, but then I need the sum of the average of all categories.
In the cross-tab, I have only one choice: sum or average, but I cannot choose one for the data in the cross-tab, and the other for the totals.
Is there any way to do that?

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 8:16am
So you want to take the values of all the averages and add them together in another column? Hmmm...what about using a formula in one of the columns and doing the calculation yourself? If you think that might work, then look at my free online chapter on cross-tab objects and near the end I have tutorials for customizing the column values. This should be helpful.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
meripeich

Quote meripeich Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 2:05am
I think I could explain better if i could send you and image. I canīt insert it in the message. Maybe I could send it by email?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version