Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Items in Main Report-no records in SubRep Post Reply Post New Topic
msaeva

Online Status: Offline
Quote msaeva Replybullet Topic: Suppress Items in Main Report-no records in SubRep
    Posted: 31 May 2018 at 5:26am
Hello,

I've designed a report that pulls inventory data in the main report based on current orders delivery dates. In addition, there's a sub-report that pulls item's quantities from six different warehouses.
I've include a shared numbervar to pass the total w/h qty from the sub to the main. My idea was to suppress items on the main report where the sub-report total qty = 0.
Unfortunately, the main report has items included where the S/R total qty is equal to zero.
This is my 1st post, so I apologize in advance if important information to resolve is missing.

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2018 at 7:09am
Shared variables passing to and from sub reports to main reports must evaluate after the sub report (E.g. Group footer a has the sub report and group footer b has the shared variable result)
Variable formula results cannot suppress items that are 'above' them in the report, so if you want a whole group suppressed you have to run the sub report in the GH1a and the result in GH1b and then you can suppress GH1c and below.
Suppressed sub reports don't execute so if you want to suppress GH!a anf GH1b you have to suppress all the items in the subreport and set GH1a to suppress if blank. Same for GH1b.
IP IP Logged
msaeva

Quote msaeva Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2018 at 7:50am
DBlank,

Thank you for the information.
I'll reformat as you've suggested and let you know the outcome.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version