Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Saving oft used expressions and formulas? Post Reply Post New Topic
pmjewett

Online Status: Offline
Quote pmjewett Replybullet Topic: Saving oft used expressions and formulas?
    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 7:44am
Hello,

We're moving away from an older version of Cognos in favor of Crystal (Currently using Crystal v14).

One of the things we're missing is the ability to have something akin to the Cognos Catalog that allows powerusers to manage table joins, alias fields and in general make simple report building available to staff with little technical background.

Is there an equivalent option in Crystal? Also, is there a Crystal option that allows the saving of oft used Sql expressions and formulas? Would Crystal Server do this or is there an enhanced version?

I've like to be able to build something like a Cognos catalog in Crystal so that I can empower some select staff to build their own simple reports.

Thank you
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:16am
I believe Crystal Server allows you to save formulas in repository (you can in the Business Objects Enterprise).  I do not believe there is a way to save SQL statements.
IP IP Logged
pmjewett

Quote pmjewett Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:03am
Thanks for the response. Wanted to get this in our FY2019 budget last minute and will do my own more thorough research after.

I meant to say SQL expressions when I asked about storage.

Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 4:15am
Never used SQL expressions, we do mostly commands any more.  So I cannot say if you can or not. 

Check this link; http://ntssp.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-use-repository-in-crystal-report.html
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version