Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Missing Data Post Reply Post New Topic
bjfils

Online Status: Offline
Quote bjfils Replybullet Topic: Missing Data
    Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 3:43am
I've created a report with three selection criteria, customer number does not contain 1741 or w, status is not Done, and ship by date is equal to or before today. I have two records that are not appearing, yet they meet the selection criteria. If I create the same query in the online view in our manufacturing system, the two records do appear. Any idea why something would not appear in CR but does in the other?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 6:01am
Are you linking multiple tables in your report? If so, are there any tables that might not have a record for the two records that do not appear? If so, you'll need to look at using left outer joins from any tables that are guaranteed to have data to any tables that might not have data.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Sastry

Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 6:01am
Hi,

Can you copy and past your selection criteria here to check.

Also explain your issue with a data example to get faster resolution.

Thanks,
Sastry
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
bjfils

Quote bjfils Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 7:44am
The purpose of the report is for our customer service people to see the status each morning of all jobs scheduled to ship that day, or due on previous days that have not yet shipped. The report shows the various steps needed to produce the job (ticket) and shows if each step has been completed. Those steps that have not show in red.

Below is the selection criteria. There are two tables linked. Customers and tickets. Customer number is the relationship. That link is only needed to populate the customer service person's name in the report for grouping purposes. This is in the customer table, but the not ticket table. Customer number is in both.

{Ticket.TicketStatus} <> "done" and
{Ticket.Ship_by_Date} <= today and
not ({Ticket.CustomerNum} startswith ["1741", "w"])
IP IP Logged
bjfils

Quote bjfils Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:05am
Found 'em!. Spelling out the table line you requested got me looking at it a little differently. As a test, I removed the grouping by CSR and the items appeared. When I looked more closely at the data for these two tickets, someone had overridden the CSR name on them from the CSR assigned to the account in the customer record. They were actually on the report, but under the other name from the customer table, which makes sense. I need to find the field that was overridden and use that instead. Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version