Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab column comparison Post Reply Post New Topic
Infoscrin

Online Status: Offline
Quote Infoscrin Replybullet Topic: Crosstab column comparison
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:13am
Dear all!

I am new to Crystal Reports as a collegue of mine left the company and I got to do the whole reporting with Crystal Reports 2013.

What the reports should show is the following:

Our sales wants to compare the costumer per month from two different years, to see:
  • e.g. if costumers bought something in Mai 2016 and not in Mai 2017(lost costumers) or
  • if costumers bought something in Mai 2017 and not in Mai 2016(new costumers)

I tried to achieve this with a crosstab, but i always get a mixture of both, lost and new costumers...

I've created a filter for the years and months, added the month to the groupheader and added the year to the columns of the crosstab afterwards.
The row consists of the costumer name and the employee that was in charge. As a group result i added the sum of the money.

I don't know if this is enough information for you... If you need anything, please ask :/

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:07am
How are your SQL skills? I would do this using a "Command", which is a SQL Select statement. For information about how to use commands correctly, see this blog post: https://blogs.sap.com/2015/04/01/best-practices-when-using-commands-with-crystal-reports/.

If you would like help building the query for this, I'll need a couple of things:

1. Info about what type of database you're using (SQL syntax varies based on the type of database).

2. The query that Crystal has built for the report (go to the Database Menu, select "Show Query", copy the query and paste it in your response.)

3. The selection formula from the Select Expert in your report.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version