Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Main Report - Sub Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Teddy555

Online Status: Offline
Quote Teddy555 Replybullet Topic: Main Report - Sub Report
    Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:55am
Good day fellow programmers, I am designing a report for a company which includes a table with payroll information . I need the data to level out but dont matter what i try the sub report data ends up lower than the main report data , i need them to be level as it is a payroll report with detailed information .
i will attach a image in order for the table to be shown. I have been working on this for 1 month now and i still have not been able to finish it off.
In attached image , there should be no space above national insurance. It should be further up the report . right next to service charge.
Image : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B375F93T0oNOVHhYVUpuSF9iUU0

here is also an image of the report design: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B375F93T0oNOdWNyaTVWMEw5Ukk
T.Calderon
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 1:10pm
I am assuming that the sub-report is in it's own section.  If so, have you tried overlaying the following section?  It is my best thought at the moment.
IP IP Logged
Teddy555

Quote Teddy555 Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:30am
The sub report is in the group footer , alongside with the case and hours fields. I just need the details from the sub report to be level with those from the main report. can you explain your solution a little better as i do not understand entirely.
T.Calderon
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 4:23am
In the section expert, you can overlay a following section (Underlay Following Sections). This allows for a following section to overlay the previous section.  It works best when the sections are the same size.  Sometimes it takes some trial and error to get it to look the way you want.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version