Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: adding facility structure code to rpt w sub-report Post Reply Post New Topic
Jimm

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jimm Replybullet Topic: adding facility structure code to rpt w sub-report
    Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:55am
How can I add a facility structure parameter into a crystal report with 6 different sub-report?

for example, add location ID, service ID as new parameter.

should add somewhere one place so all 6 sub-reports can use it same time? or have to add these new parameter into each sub-report? these sub-reports are unrelated to each other.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:22am
I would think would have the parameter in the main report and in the six sub-reports, then each subreport would link the parameters together (main report - subreport).
IP IP Logged
Jimm

Quote Jimm Replybullet Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 2:29am
The difficulty is in main page there is no any table or column called 'Location' or 'Service Area', just show below. so if I add Location parameter, how the parameter link to the column?

Would you give more specific detail how sub-report link to main page?

Thanks

/*******************************************************************/
/* This command object is not used in the report output. It is here solely to make */
/* changing the database location for the included subreports easier.                     */
/*******************************************************************/
Select YES_NO_C as NOT_USED
From ZC_YES_NO
Where YES_NO_C = -1
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 4:18am
The parameter really does not need to be used in the main report.  But it still should be available for linking to the sub reports.  As a general rule (for us) we display parameter values in the main report.
IP IP Logged
Jimm

Quote Jimm Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 7:33am
On main page there
is field called @totalFailedLogin which returns results like 2 or7. each day. parameter link between main report
and sub report does not work. even I tested by remove subreport, this field sill returns data, my question is
where is calculation for this @totalFailedLogin, I can not find from report:

//Total number of user whose failed login time is equal or exceeds the minimal failed login parameter.
WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared NumberVar totalFailedLogin
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 4:44am
I was on vacation last week.  So it appears that you have a formula that returns a result, but you cannot find this formula?  Also you say the parameter link is not working?  How is it now working?  It appears to me that you are not wanting to pass a parameter but a value from a formula.  If so, you might be able to pass that value as a shared variable and use that shared variable in a sub-report in formula and use the formula to filter with that.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version