Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: SubReports and empty row spaces Post Reply Post New Topic
CrystalGirl

Online Status: Offline
Quote CrystalGirl Replybullet Topic: SubReports and empty row spaces
    Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 12:10pm
Hello all,

I developing subqueries in the main report but the issue is I have extra row space in between my main report with my first subreport and between my second subreport and my first subreport. How do I eliminate the empty row space?

My first subreport is placed on Report Footer a and my second subreport is place to Report Footer b.

Thank you
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 12:39pm
So are you saying you have an empty detail line (null values) in your sub-reports?  
IP IP Logged
CrystalGirl

Quote CrystalGirl Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 5:20pm
Not an empty detail line (null values) in my sub-reports but when I export the report to excel, I have extra empty rows in between my subreports and main report.

so all of my fields are placed on my main report, the two of my subreports are placed on Report Footer a and Report Footer b. They are the same with. no empty or extra space in between two sub reports in my design mode but it give me the extra space (four extra row space) when I convert it to Excel.

What I am trying to do is to eliminate the extra rows so my at the end of my dataset of subreport 1 then my second subreport dataset will continue.

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 4:05am
The old export to Excel issue.  That is a field alignment issue which has haunted CR developers for years.  Excel export is real picky about  everything being lined up or you get extra cells (i.e., column headings, fields. All fields in a row the same size and aligned together, etc.).
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version