Message Icon Topic: Report Footer formatting Post Reply Post New Topic
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Topic: Report Footer formatting
    Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:47am
I am using Crystal Reports 2011.

I have a report on which I want the Report Footer to print on another page ONLY if it will break across two pages.

The report parameters allow for entry of one ore more Sales Orders.  The report then lists the lot numbers of the items pulled for shipping.  The Report Footer has the subreports that display my summary data.  I have a box with a 2pt line thickness so that the summary data is easier to find at a quick glance.  The box is set to extend to the bottom of the section when printing.

If there is enough room at the bottom of the last page of the report for it to fit, I want the Report Footer on that page (which it currently does) otherwise, I want it to print completely on another page.

Currently, if there is not enough room at the bottom of a page, it prints the box at the bottom of that page and on the next page it re-prints the box plus all the summary data.  I don't want the box printing on the bottom of the previous page like that.

I have 'Keep Together' checked for Report Footer in the Section Expert.

How can I make Crystal insert a page break before the Report Footer ONLY if the report footer does not fit on the last page containing the last record?

IP IP Logged
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 9:18am
Here is my Design layout:

IP IP Logged
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 9:19am
Here is the split Footer at the bottom of the page:

The box at the bottom of the page is what I do not want.

Also, I'm not sure why it has cutoff most of the "RF" there on the left in the vertical section bar; the section is not that short as you can tell from the Design layout pic above.

Edited by GrisCorp - 22 Sep 2016 at 9:36am
IP IP Logged
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 9:19am
Here is the Footer on the next page:

IP IP Logged
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 9:24am
And here is how it prints when there is enough room to put it on the bottom of the page:

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 3:13am
couple of thoughts to try.
1- if you have a general idea how much the RF might expand try and set that height in the footer.
The keep together seems to only force that in a non expanded state (not growing).
This is still a bit of a guessing game.
2 - I think this is likely a better overall solution but test it thoroughly...
create a group (like on the invoice number) that is not really needed other then it allows for a group footer to be used in place of the report footer. create GF sections a, b and c.
Set the entire group footer stay together (not each of the parts).
add a box across all 3 (starts and a and ends in c) and place your sub reports in the b section
IP IP Logged
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:01am
DBlank,

Thank you for the options.

Unfortunately, Option 1 will not work for me as the lists of sales orders and pallets can be quite numerous and thus long; some shipments can have up to 12 sales orders and some orders can have 25 pallets or more.

I tried Option 2 and it does work for individual sales orders.  However, the only problem with with this option is that when I run the report for a shipment (multiple sales orders for the same customer), I end up with a complete summary of all the sales orders on the report after each sales order rather than just at the end of the report.

If there is no other way to get it to format the way I want, I guess I will just have to live with it putting the box on the bottom of a page when the Report Footer does not fit.

Thank you, again, for your assistance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:07am
I think you can get option 2 to work with the correct 'grouping'.
I am unclear on the issue you are having so am not sure which way to move it, more granular or more generic...
I think you need it to be more generic so change the grouping from the PO to the company name or the like.

I have also created general group fields from formula using a field that does not change for the entire report or that can't be NULL.
IP IP Logged
GrisCorp
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrisCorp Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 7:09am
DBlank,

Getting the correct grouping was it!  I had added the extra group as you suggested, but I had grouped it on the Sales Order number and since that changed with multiple sales orders, that was why I ended up with the report summary after each sales order.

I changed the new group to the Customer ID since that will not change in the course of the report's run and it now properly puts the summary at the very end of the report and will keep it entirely on the last page if there is enough room for it to fit or put it entirely on a new page if not;  it no longer splits it.

Thank you so much for your help.  It has been invaluable!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version