Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Add Parameter Crystal 10 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
TanyaCVV

Online Status: Offline
Quote TanyaCVV Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 12:40am
So the original thought was to create a column to show the Month to date sales of an item. The database is structured into periods of a total month,though, I don't fully understand it because each year is comprised of 13 period rather than 12 but cannot find information in the database help that explains that.

The other option here is to create a column that shows me avg monthy sales instead of month to date. I have built a formula to do so the only issue with my formulas is that at the end I simply divide by how many periods but if I want to include this year sales and not have to go in and change the formulas on a monthly basis I cannot divide by the full amount of periods or that will include the periods that have yet to happen. I do not know if there is a way to average with a different formula? I suppose I could set it up to avg based on the last years sales or last fiscal year which for us is Aug-Jul so you would then get some of each year. Ideas?
Tanya Vander Vecht
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 4:02am
On our system (of which I am vaguely familiar with).  Period 13 is a total of the other 12 periods (I have no idea if that is the case with your system).  Also our first period starts in July to correspond with the fiscal year.

As far as your issue.  The first thing is to determine how you want your parameters (either by month or period, max({?parameter}) -min({?parameter}) +1).  I am assuming that you probably want a range parameter.  If so then the formula will have to determine the difference (in months or periods) and which periods (months) that will be added to the total (the formula I offered earlier with a bit of modification) then divided by the number of periods involved.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version