Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports 10 Post Reply Post New Topic
mortega

Online Status: Offline
Quote mortega Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports 10
    Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 11:32am
Hello....

My report shows me a case manager’s caseload, which is the total number of clients a case manager is assisting.
For example, John is assisting 82 clients.
These clients are divided into families (households)...
So based on his 82 individual clients, it comes to a total of 28 Families.

Currently, Crystal Reports 10 makes me enter a parameter value. So when I refresh, it makes me enter a parameter value, which is a case manager’s initials. This only let's me view each case manager and their totals, individually.

I would like to create a report that shows me a list of all my case managers and their total number of families each one is assisting.

I’d like the report to look something like this:
John Doe 22 Families
Jane Jacobs 21 Families
Joe Jones 23 Families
Joan Jet 20 Families

Any idea on how I can create this?

I feel like I am missing something....I was told to remove the parameter? But not sure how to do that....

Thanks, mortega
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 5:21am
How are you accessing this report? Do you have access to either the full version of Crystal Reports 10 or to a copy of Visual Studio 2008 or older that has CR 10 installed with it? You need one of the two in order to do this.

In the report, I would do this:

1. In the "Field Explorer", look for the Parameters list and delete the parameter that asks for the initials.

2. Group by the Provider name.

3. Put the provider name and the sum of families in the Provider group header.

4. Right-click in the grey area to the left of the report design and open the "Section Expert". Suppress the Details and Group Footer sections.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
mortega

Quote mortega Replybullet Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 6:49am
Dell thanks for replying!

How do I see if I have the full version of Crystal Reports 10 or a copy of Visual Studio 2008 or older?

When I go to Field Explorer, the delete icon (x) is grayed out?

mortega
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 7:33am
How are you running/opening the report?

-Dell
IP IP Logged
mortega

Quote mortega Replybullet Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 8:26am
When I created the report, I opened Crystal Reports 10, clicked on new, using the report wizard, standard, create new connection, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, entered server-user id- password, database, then finish.
Now when I open Crystal Reports 10, I click on the open icon, and click on my report.

Does this answer your question?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 9:11am
Ok, you have Crystal 10, not Crystal for Visual Studio.

In the field explorer, is the delete greyed out when you select the parameter? If so, that means one of two things, which you can determine by looking at the Database Expert:

1. The report uses a Stored Procedure to get its data and the parameter is required by that. In order to update the report, you're going to have to work with your DBA to create a new one that doesn't require the parameter. Then you'll have to recreate the report (I think there were issues in CR10 with using "Set Location" for stored procs.)

2. The report uses a Command. This means that SQL was written for the report. Right-click on the Command in the Database Expert and edit it. On the right of the screen there will be a parameter with the same name as the one in the Field Explorer. Delete it. Then look at the "Where" clause of Select query in the Command and remove the part that uses the parameter - it will look something like this:

MyTable.Initials = '{?Initials parameter}'

If that's the only condition in the Where clause, remove "Where" as well. If it's one of many conditions remove one "and" - either before or after the condition, but not both.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version