Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub Report Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Chris32

Online Status: Offline
Quote Chris32 Replybullet Topic: Sub Report Issue
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 12:43am
Hi,

I've had a look through the forums and tried a few of the answers from there with regards to checking my sub report links but I still can't seem to get around this issue, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong along the way but I'm quite new to crystal reporting:

I have two main tables, Incident and Users, there are multiple tables the report uses but these are the main ones. I have a main report that lists all Changes within the incident table that are of a certain seriousness (risk assessed). This report is fine, it does what I want it to do.

However I have a SubReport named "MI", the purpose of this report is to list all Changes within the incident table where the scheduled end date has past, again this is fine it works how I want it to.

However what the sub report does not do, is pull the user it is assigned to through, this will be in the User table and is linked via UserID. The report won't drag this information through and when I try and include the column from the table the sub report generates blank.

Does anyone have anything suggestions what this could be down to? I can see Assigned Users in the main report just not in the sub report. Appreciate some of this may not make total sense as it's difficult to explain, but if you need anything further please let me know.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Chris
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:08am
Sounds like some sort of linking or filtering issue.  We do not know enough about your database structure to give an informed answer.
IP IP Logged
skcbd5

Quote skcbd5 Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 7:25am
Where does the User data reside, in which table?
Scott Johnston
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version