Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Ambiguous problem in Crystal report Post Reply Post New Topic
shankarji_in

Online Status: Offline
Quote shankarji_in Replybullet Topic: Ambiguous problem in Crystal report
    Posted: 19 Feb 2007 at 5:51am
Hi

I am doing migration of visual studio 2003 to visual studio 2005. I am using crystal report 10 in .net 1.1 version.
After converting my code from .net2 I am got an error "CrystalReportViewer ambiguous in the namespace CrystalDecisions.web".

I am getting same error where ever I am using Crystal reports. 
I uninstall crystal reports and reinstall the same, but still I am getting same error.

At this time I need help from crystal report user.

Thanks in advance
Shankar J.
Thanks & regards
Shankar J.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2007 at 9:16am
I think that you have two instances of the Crystal Reports library in your project references. Go into the references and delete all references to everything related to Crystal Reports. Then go into Web.Config and delete all references to Crystal Reports again. You have to do this in both places.

Then go onto any one of your forms and add  a new dummy report to it. This will trigger VS2005 to create new references to the latest Crystal Reports libraries. Once that is finished you can delete the dummy report. Now you should just have references to the new Crystal libraries.

Edited by BrianBischof - 19 Feb 2007 at 9:18am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version