Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Group 1 Header Based on Group 2 Post Reply Post New Topic
nina98765

Online Status: Offline
Quote nina98765 Replybullet Topic: Suppress Group 1 Header Based on Group 2
    Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 7:06am
I have a report which shows any month that has an open balance, per patient. So Group 1 is the patient, and Group 2 is the month. The details sections shows each charge or credit.

Details are suppressed if the entire month zeros out. In other words, if there is no open balance for the month, all transactions for the month are suppressed.

However a patient that has a zero balance should still show if he has any individual month with a balance. For example if January has a $500 balance and February has a ($500) balance so the patient has a zero balance, January and February data will still show and the patient header needs to show.

My problem is with suppressing the Group 1 Header -- Patient Header. I can't figure out how to suppress it based on whether there are any Group 2 groups (=months) with sum of transactions not zero.

I have tried quite a few things, but nothing is working. I have 15+ years of experience with CR but I am stumped! If anyone can take a stab at figuring this out or knows any solution I would be very grateful for your help.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 3:02am
Can your patient ever have a 'credit' in a month?
if not then you should just be able to do a straight sum of the balance value at the patient group and if it = 0 then that also indicates that each month is = 0 so you can suppress on that logic.
IP IP Logged
nina98765

Quote nina98765 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 1:58pm
thank you very much for your reply.
however, yes, my patient can have a credit in a month.
so that solution does not apply.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 2:41am
can you use a view or stored proc to do the calculation at the month outside crystal and use that result as your suppression criteria?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version