Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Hierarchies and Groupings Post Reply Post New Topic
enewey

Online Status: Offline
Quote enewey Replybullet Topic: Hierarchies and Groupings
    Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 6:08pm
Hi, first time poster but have been hiding in the shadows for a while.

I have a problem around hierarchies and groupings that I've been struggling for quite some time to solve, and have come here in search of advice.

The End Goal: To display account balances grouped by account type (revenue and expense), sub totals and totals included. These accounts also belong to an account structure based on our organizations layout with a maximum of 8 levels. Users need to drill down from highest level to lowest level and see sums for revenue / expense on each level.

Sample Account Columns: Acc_id, Account_Type, Budget, Actual, L1_ClassID, L2_ClassID, L3_ClassID, etc...

I've easily been able to create groups for each Level ID, which allows drill down through the hierarchy. My problem is breaking out revenue / expense at each level.

I've attached a sample of how the report should look and work. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 4:48am
if it must be in the type of format you are showing and you only have one drill in level I would consider make the drill in a sub report
IP IP Logged
enewey

Quote enewey Replybullet Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:40am
Unfortunately the sub-report will not work as there are 8 possible levels of drill down, only showed 1 for the example.

Any other ideas?
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 3:00am
I think you will be jumping through a lot of hoops to try to maintain that format. It would be simple to just place the revenue and expense side by side and drill into any level you want at all.
Is that format an absolute especially if it requires significantly more resources and time to achieve it? I have found that report requirements are often open to format changes if the content is still the same.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version