Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab suppressed fields Post Reply Post New Topic
NewLabRat

Online Status: Offline
Quote NewLabRat Replybullet Topic: Crosstab suppressed fields
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:12am
I have a report that needs to show replicate values for lab tests along with stored values for the average and standard deviation. I have been working with a Crystal XI crosstab with this setup:
Rows:ChemicalName......Columns:SampleGrp and RepNumber....Summarized flds:max result and max average and max stddev
The goal is to display results in the RepNumber columns and the stored statistics in the subtotal column.
I can suppress the average and stddev in the RepNumber column and suppress the result in the SampleGrp Subtotal column. It looks perfect until I export to Excel and reserved spaces(from suppressed fields) make a mess. Is there any way to force Crystal to not reserve the space in the export? Or is there a way to create a formula so that result would appear in RepNumber and average and stddev would appear in the subtotal column? Is there some way to reference the subtotal column?
IP IP Logged
NewLabRat

Online Status: Offline
Quote NewLabRat Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:49am
I think my explanation of the issue is too complex? I don't know how to add a screen shot. So I will attempt to "draw" what this looks like.
Sample 1 Grp
.......Sample 1...Duplicate 1...Duplicate 2...subtotal
chemical--result---result---result---stored average

Is there any way to capture the average from the database in the subtotal column? Or can anyone think of a different approach that I could try?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version