Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: RECORD DUPLICATION Post Reply Post New Topic
BoltzGirl
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote BoltzGirl Replybullet Topic: RECORD DUPLICATION
    Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 5:02am
I have created a report (Crystal XI) and in the Details A section is where I have my fields.  I have eliminated the repeating of the same authorization number, by using this formula in my Detail A Section Expert under Suppress (No Drill -Down):

not onfirstrecord and
 Previous ({AUTHS.AUTHN}) like {AUTHS.AUTHN}

Another field that I am pulling is Diagnosis Code, within the Details A section as well.

I am finding that I am getting duplication on my report, because there are 3 entries in the Dx_Code table that match one authorization #.  So even thought he authorization is not repeating, the one field of Dx_Code is repeating because there are multiple entried on one authorization.

Is there a way that I can tell Crystal that I only want the one authorization and only pull one row with Dx_Code data, even though there are three rows with Dx_Code data?

TIA
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 7:48am
You could group by authorization number, put the 'detail' information in the Group header (gets first record) or Group Footer (gets last record) and hide the detail section.  If you want all the DX codes listed, there are ways of doing that, depending on how you want to display the DX codes.
IP IP Logged
BoltzGirl
Groupie
Groupie

Quote BoltzGirl Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 9:08am
Hi there and thanks for the help!

I tried that and because we have multiple 'Detail' sections in order for the report to display the multiple lines we are in fact wanting to show, that didn't work.

I have been working on it this morning and have found that if I just added a formula to pull the Dx_Seq code = to the one I want, it will not longer repeat, so I think I have what I need for now and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version