Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Optional Paramaters Post Reply Post New Topic
gem1204

Online Status: Offline
Quote gem1204 Replybullet Topic: Optional Paramaters
    Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 7:48am
I’m using Crystal reports 2011 that uses a parameter that gets its data from field in an inventory database. It’s a dynamic parameter that gets its data from a field on the report and from what I can understand any parameter that is dynamic is also required or at least null values are not allowed. We’ve had a constant problem with this report with the parameter not being updated. For one the list is limited to showing the first 1000 parts and we have about 1300 possible parts to pick from. What I want to do is use a list box and also add a parameter so the user could either select a part from the list or manually enter the part.

I know the best thing to do would be to just change the parameter so the user could just enter the part number and be done with it but some of the part numbers are long with dashes and dots and different revision numbers so the users want the option of picking from a list or entering the part number if it’s not listed. The report is part of our MRP system, Global Shop which uses a pervasive database, so we’re somewhat limited on what we can do . We have a copy of Crystal reports 2011 so we could do some editing on some of the reports and possibly create additional reports.

My report had one parameter called Parent that is a dynamic parameter that pulls data from a field on the report. I tried creating a second parameter called Parent2 which is a static parameter. I want the user to be able to either select from the list or enter the part number.

This is my record select formula:

------------------
if HasValue({?Parent}) then
{V_BOM_MSTR.PARENT} like [{?Parent}]
else
{V_BOM_MSTR.PARENT} like [{?Parent2}]
--------

When I select a part number for the dynamic list of parts the report shows the selected part. If I don’t select anything in the list and enter the same exact part I get nothing. I’ve looked at the sql statement when I go to database – show sql query and the statements are exactly the same so I can’t figure out why the report is not displaying data on the report.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 9:32am
maybe:

(HasValue({?Parent}) and {V_BOM_MSTR.PARENT} like [{?Parent}]) 
or
(HasValue({?Parent2}) and {V_BOM_MSTR.PARENT} like [{?Parent2}])
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version