Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Mapping Access Expressions to Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
dhugos

Online Status: Offline
Quote dhugos Replybullet Topic: Mapping Access Expressions to Crystal
    Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 4:32am
I am quite new to Crystal, so my apologies if this is basic. I also could swear I already submitted this question, but I can't find it, so here goes again!

PROBLEM: When I change the datasource of a Crystal report to an Access 2010 query that has an expression in it, this field comes up in the list of fields that Crystal could not map.

The expression in question is a simple iif statement that yields a yes or no, given the condition that's met. It works fine in Access and is very basic.

ATTEMPTED FIXES: I can't get it to map in Crystal - so I tested it by changing the expression in Access a simple as possible, changing it to defect:"x". It still shows up in Crystal as unmapped when I point to the query and hit the Crystal update button.

I then tried making the recordsource a second query fed by the first (the one that contains the expression) so that Crystal doesn't have deal with an expression, but it still fails exactly the same way.

MY QUESTION: Expressions seems pretty basic but ... Can Crystal map expressions in an Access 2010 query (or subquery for that matter), or does it just handle straight table/query fields? If it can map expressions, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by dhugos - 08 Apr 2015 at 4:42am
IP IP Logged
dhugos

Online Status: Offline
Quote dhugos Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:39am
No one has ever tried to map a simple Access expression to Crystal?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version