Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CSV export repeats headers with each field value Post Reply Post New Topic
crystalUser101

Online Status: Offline
Quote crystalUser101 Replybullet Topic: CSV export repeats headers with each field value
    Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 3:57am
Hi,

I'm designing reports using Crystal API (11.0). Report header gets repeated with each data field. I have tried a number of properties on Crystal exportOptions but in vain.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Crystal User
Regards,
CrystalUser
IP IP Logged
adavis

Quote adavis Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:14am
You have to change the report/page sections and group sections settings on your export screen.

When you are ready to export go to File > Export > select CSV, then when you get to the Separated Values Export Options dialog, change the "report and page sections" to do not export. You may need to do the same with group sections depending on your report.
IP IP Logged
armplinker

Quote armplinker Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 8:08am
Umm, I think this question was for a problem that arose within the context of a programmatic export from VB or some such. In that case, the report object's export method parameters have to be set to match what the user would enter interactively from CR. I have NO clue exactly what to enter, but presumably the CSV export method has options.

Also, moving the header text to the report header is important, and asking CR to export with Headers. I would suppress the page header section, perhaps, altogether.

I think you will run into a practical limit on these exports for zillions of columns. It may be necessary to add them a few at a time to make sure the column headings and data don't go berserk. We have been unable to grab all the columns of a query and drop them into the detail panel. The headings get all fouled up even though the data comes out in the right order.

I am unconvinced that CR is the right way to go to generate a csv of any size (# of columns).

Edited by armplinker - 07 Apr 2015 at 8:26am
IP IP Logged
joekanant@gmail

Quote joekanant@gmail Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:05pm
where does the change the "report and page sections" to do not export can find? I only have destination option..

thx
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version