Page  of 2 Next >>
rlivermore
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote rlivermore Replybullet Topic: Display latest record
    Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 6:34am
Running v10 Pro

Report has 6 fields, trouble ticket info, and works well except it displays all records for every ticket am trying to get it to display only the last recordID for each note.

Its broken up into 2 groups, ticketstatus and recordID with data displaying in recordID with detail and GF suppressed

I've tried using both of these options in the recordID group section expert - suppress
Not OnLastRecord & table maximum=(table) to no avail

Here's some sample data, trying to get it to only display the lastest ID for each ticket. In my example only display data for ID 7 and 4

Acct Name - Ticket - Rep - Date - Last modified - ID
ABC        111      John   12-16-14 12-17-14        7
ABC        111      John   12-16-14 12-16-14        5
XYZ        222      Sally 12-14-14 12-16-14        4
XYZ        222      Sally 12-14-14 12-14-14        3
XYZ        222      Sally 12-14-14 12-14-14        1
IP IP Logged
rlivermore
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlivermore Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 6:59am
Let me add, when I go with the OnLastRecord suppression option it hides all records, get a blank page. Whereas the maximum option doesn't appear to have any affect on the results
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 5:03am
OnLastRecord pertains to all records in your recordset, not to the group (which would be nice).

Typically, depending on the order of the items displayed, to get the first or last entry you display in the GH or GF...since it is pointing to that record.

In the example, if you want the largest ID, I would display the values in the GH and suppress the detail section...obviously, for the smallest id would be suppress the GH and Detail and displaying the GF.

HTH
IP IP Logged
rlivermore
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlivermore Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 11:43am
Thanks for the insight, unless I'm not understanding - it seems that I'm following the logic of displaying the data in the GH but its displaying all of records. Can you please expound on your thoughts of how I can display only the last record for each account?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 12:11pm
if you want the last record, use the group footer..it is always on the last record of the group...
IP IP Logged
rlivermore
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlivermore Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 5:17am
Ok I got it working. I added "ticket" to the grouping and changed the records to display in this new group. Now I'm getting it display like I needed. But now I'm stuck on trying to display each status' ticket % sub total and grand total.

Example:
Acct Name - Ticket - Rep - Date - Last modified - Status
ABC        111      John   12-16-14 12-17-14    - New
XYZ        222      Sally 12-14-14 12-16-14    - New

Looking at the example the status total for NEW is 2 and would be some percentage of the overall total. But because "last modified" record is necessary for the report and its now suppressing all of the other records its throwing off the sub totals for each status.

In my previous example I showed account ABC with ticket 111 as displaying twice in the report so the sub totals for each status is counting both these records instead of just the desired single count.

I tried doing a count summary for the ticket field and show as a percentage in the status GF but that doesn't work
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 8:56am
so, using the simple example, would the percentage for ticket 111 be 40%, if so, you could use running totals or doing it as a variable, and compare the running total count to the total count.
IP IP Logged
rlivermore
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlivermore Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 9:07am
So there are multiple status' in the report, NEW, Open, Closed, Assigned to tech, Cancelled, etc...

Some have a single ticket number while others have over a hundred. If the report had the following records; NEW had 2, Open had 4, and Closed had 4 then NEW should be 20% of the total, while Open and Closed would be 40% of the total.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 9:11am
ok, so it is summary by the status. If you know the complete set of status, you can still set up running totals or shared variables to count the number of entries and then report back as a percentage at the end of the group or the report.

shouldn't be too hard.
IP IP Logged
rlivermore
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlivermore Replybullet Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 7:03am
I'm not familiar with shared variables but I setup this summary up:
field to summarize = ticket no
calculate summary = count
show as percentage
summary location = gf status