Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help with Crystal Reports 10 Post Reply Post New Topic
rharman

Online Status: Offline
Quote rharman Replybullet Topic: Help with Crystal Reports 10
    Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 1:06pm
Hi,
   I am using crystal reports 10 and have set up a formula as follows -

if ({QuikCharge Auth.cardno}) = ({Calling Card Table.cardno}) then "(Calling Card Table.firstname)";

QuickCharge Auth and Calling Card are 2 different tables however in the case where entry cardno from the QuickCharge Auth table is the same as the cardno in the Calling Card table the report should output the corresponding "firstname" entry from the cardno table.
   At the moment the only return I get is a column full of "Calling Card Table.firstname" as opposed to the data corresponding to the actual data from the table.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 3:40am
it looks like you are trying to create a formula field to act like a join.
you need to go intot he DB Expert and make the join there. Then you just disp0lay the calling card name field on the report
IP IP Logged
rharman

Quote rharman Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 5:18am
Ok,
I will try that can you define join since the table are already linked through a few fields. Is there a graphic explanation of where I need to go. If you look at the formula

if ({QuikCharge Auth.cardno}) = ({Calling Card Table.cardno}) then "(Calling Card Table.firstname)";

The data in the Quickcharge Auth table cardno is the same as cardno in the Calling Card Table however in the particular column this formula is in all I need is the data pertaining to Card Owner's name etc..

There is some level of success since it has already recognized the rows where the 2 values are the same however the formula as indicated above is inserting the string (Calling Card Table.firstname) in the column where the condition is true instead of returning the data in the firstname field from the Calling Card Table
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version