Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Export Report Post Reply Post New Topic
pksteel

Online Status: Offline
Quote pksteel Replybullet Topic: Export Report
    Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:54am
I am attempting to export a report that is 1231 characters wide in a fixed position format.  I am not able to create a normal text file with txt extension - there appears to be a limit on how wide the txt format can go - about 500 characters.  I've tried the other formats available for export files, but haven't found any yet that will create the file without having to do some manual edits of the file.  The tab separated (ttx) format will create a good file but each line is surronded by double quotes.  Using a csv format will work when the delimiters are set to blank and the 'isolate' options are checked;however, this does not include a sub report that i need.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on getting a wide file to export properly.  (Crystal Reports 2008)
Peter
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 6:41am
I am not sure about CR 2008 (been a while since I used it).  But I have a report that exports to text just fine. It is 1162 characters wide.  I do admit I have not found a text editor that displays it properly when opened.  But it is being used to import to another database and there no issues.
IP IP Logged
pksteel

Quote pksteel Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 2:35am
Thanks for your reply.  For some reason i get nothing at all when i attempt to export that particular report.  There may be some setting/configuration affecting it that i'm not aware of yet.  I'll keep trying.
Peter
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 4:48am
I believe Crystal uses the 'text' driver that comes with your particular version of Windows.  Seems like we had an issue with it at one time.   But it has been too many years ago to remember the details.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version